Friday, January 27, 2012

Do you have an odd or different Christmas tradition?

At Christmas time growing up, my stepmother and father would fill each of our Christmas stockings almost to the point of bursting. My father would wait till he thought us kids were all sleeping, and then would come in and put the stockings on the ends of our beds. I was always a light sleeper but remember one year, my father came in and went to the side of my bed. It was so dark that I knew I would be able to open my eyes and he wouldn't notice. I watched as he knelt down to see if I was sleeping so I shut my eyes tight. He must of been convinced because he left my stocking at the end of the bed without a word and left my bedroom.



I don't think I will ever forget that night. :P I used to wiggle my bed during the night (light sleeper) just so I could hear the little bells on the stocking jingle. In the morning, we would all gather our heavy stockings and go to our parents bed to open them up.



Christmas stockings have always been my favorite thing about Christmas.

Do you have an odd or different Christmas tradition?
Oh,sounds like a wonderful tradition with the stockings.As for the step-mom and sisters you should just stop buying them gifts,I am surprised you put up with it for 5 or 6 years.You don't need this at Christmas,or anytime.You are worth more than that wrong treatment,hope your holiday is brighter this year.I do not give this advise lightly I have been there too,my solution was just stop giving,only get a card.Yes that hurt too but now I have self respect where before I was trying to please and sometimes you can't.Hope you have a great holiday this year Merry Christmas to you!
Reply:This tradition isn't really odd, but I always watch Home Alone during the Christmas season.


No comments:

Post a Comment